Are you in the market for a compact crossover that combines affordability with off-road capabilities? Look no further than the 2016 Jeep Renegade.
With its rugged styling and ample headroom, this vehicle promises a comfortable ride for both driver and passengers. The interior boasts an impressive infotainment system that will keep you connected and entertained on the go.
However, the Renegade does come with its fair share of drawbacks, including limited legroom and a small trunk. In this article, we will delve into the pros and cons of this versatile vehicle, exploring everything from its smooth ride to its fuel efficiency.
Get ready to discover if the 2016 Jeep Renegade is the perfect fit for your adventurous lifestyle.
2016 jeep renegade pros and cons
The 2016 Jeep Renegade has its fair share of pros and cons. On the positive side, it offers a great deal for an affordable price and boasts comfortable and supportive front seats, along with ample headroom.
The rear seats easily fold down for extra cargo space, although the trunk cargo space is not impressive. The interior and infotainment system are amazing, easy to use and adjust while driving.
Additionally, the Renegade is durable and reliable, with off-road capabilities and a smooth ride. However, there are some drawbacks to consider.
The back seat can be tight, especially for rear-facing car seats, and the mileage tends to be lower than advertised. The 1st to 2nd gear transition feels sloppy, and there is a lack of legroom in both the front and back seats, as well as a small trunk.
Some owners have reported issues with the cheap plastic engine bay, TPMS module reporting service issues frequently, and a cramped backseat with booster and car seat for a child. Furthermore, the Renegade may have potentially worse-than-average reliability due to its Fiat-based platform and nine-speed automatic transmission.
Despite its rugged styling and off-road capability, the Renegade may not offer as good fuel economy as its competitors. Overall, while the 2016 Jeep Renegade has its strengths, such as affordability and comfort, it also has some weaknesses that potential buyers should consider.
- Affordable price and comfortable front seats
- Rear seats easily fold down for extra cargo space
- Interior and infotainment system are easy to use while driving
- Durable and reliable with off-road capabilities
- Tight back seat and lower than advertised mileage
- Potential reliability issues and lower fuel economy compared to competitors
Check this out:
💡 Pro Tips:
1. Consider the cramped backseat and limited trunk space if you plan on using rear-facing car seats or need ample cargo space.
2. Be prepared for lower fuel efficiency than advertised, as some owners have reported getting lower MPG than expected.
3. Keep in mind that the 1st to 2nd gear transition may feel sloppy, which could affect your driving experience.
4. Take note of the small crevices in the interior, as they can make it difficult to thoroughly clean.
5. If you prioritize fuel efficiency and the latest safety technology, you may want to consider other options like the Honda HR-V or Subaru Crosstrek.
Great Deal On The Car, Overall Affordable
When it comes to purchasing a car, finding a great deal is always a top priority. The 2016 Jeep Renegade offers just that, providing an overall affordable option for those in the market for a small crossover.
With its attractive price point, the Renegade stands out as an excellent choice for budget-conscious consumers.
– The 2016 Jeep Renegade is a great deal, offering affordability without compromising quality. – In terms of cost-efficiency, the Renegade proves to be an excellent choice for budget-conscious buyers.
The comfort of the front seats plays a crucial role in the overall driving experience. Fortunately, the Jeep Renegade features comfortable and supportive front seats, providing a comfortable ride even during long journeys.
Additionally, ample headroom allows for a spacious feel in the front seating area.
– The comfort and support provided by the front seats in the 2016 Jeep Renegade are exceptional. – Ample headroom creates a spacious and comfortable environment for occupants.
Comfortable Front Seats, Ample Headroom
The Renegade excels in providing a comfortable driving experience with its well-designed front seats. The seats offer support and cushioning that ensure passengers remain comfortable even on long trips.
Moreover, the abundance of headroom in the front seating area enhances the feeling of spaciousness, allowing drivers and passengers to stretch out and relax.
In terms of comfort, the 2016 Jeep Renegade hits the mark with its well-crafted front seats and generous headroom. Whether you’re going on a short commute or a cross-country adventure, the seating arrangement in the Renegade guarantees a comfortable and enjoyable drive.
Limited Back Seat Space, Especially For Car Seats
While the front seats deliver on comfort, the same cannot always be said for the back seats of the 2016 Jeep Renegade. Rear seat accommodations can be tight, particularly when it comes to fitting rear-facing car seats.
This limited space can be a drawback for families with young children who rely on car seats to ensure their safety.
– The back seat of the 2016 Jeep Renegade may not provide enough room, especially when trying to accommodate rear-facing car seats. – Families with young children who heavily rely on car seats may find the limited space in the back seat problematic.
Trunk Cargo Space Not Impressive, But Rear Seats Fold Down Easily
When it comes to cargo space, the 2016 Jeep Renegade falls a bit short. The trunk cargo area may not be as spacious as some competitors in its class.
However, the rear seats are easily foldable, providing extra cargo space when needed. This added convenience allows for more flexibility in transporting larger items or luggage.
– The trunk cargo space in the 2016 Jeep Renegade may not meet everyone’s expectation. – However, the rear seats’ folding capability compensates for the limited trunk space, offering additional cargo room.
Lower Than Advertised Mileage, Only Getting 20.2 Mpg
One area where the 2016 Jeep Renegade may not live up to its advertised claims is mileage. Some owners report lower fuel efficiency, obtaining only around 20.2 miles per gallon (mpg) instead of the stated 24/31 mpg.
This discrepancy between advertised and actual fuel economy could be disappointing for individuals who prioritize maximizing their mileage and saving on fuel costs.
– The 2016 Jeep Renegade’s mileage may not meet the advertised numbers, with some owners experiencing lower fuel efficiency. – Achieving around 20.2 mpg rather than the expected 24/31 mpg can be disappointing for those looking to maximize fuel economy.
Sloppy 1st To 2nd Gear Transition
Another aspect of the driving experience with the 2016 Jeep Renegade is the transition between the 1st and 2nd gears. Some drivers note that this shift can feel sloppy and less smooth compared to other vehicles in its class.
While not a significant issue, this observation can be a minor inconvenience for those who value seamless gear transitions.
– The transition from 1st to 2nd gear in the 2016 Jeep Renegade may feel less refined and smooth than expected. – While not a major problem, individuals who prioritize a seamless gear shifting experience may find this noticeable.