Imagine being on a road trip, cruising along with your favorite tunes blasting through the speakers of your sleek 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. You reach to connect your phone to the USB port, anticipating an uninterrupted musical journey, only to find…silence.
A sinking feeling fills your chest as you realize your beloved USB ports have stopped working. The frustration builds as you try every troubleshooting step, but to no avail.
Fear not, fellow adventurer, for in this article, we will delve into the mysterious world of Jeep Cherokee USB malfunctions, explore the possible fixes, and restore the harmony to your road trip playlist.
jeep cherokee usb stops working
If your USB ports on a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude are not working and you have tried different cables, pulling the fuse, and checking everything, there are a few possible solutions you can try. First, check the fuse F80 located under the hood and replace it if it is blown.
Additionally, you can perform a soft reset by putting the car in ACC mode, holding the green phone button and VR button for 30 seconds, opening the driver door for 30 seconds, and then starting the car. These troubleshooting steps have been reported to be successful by other Jeep Cherokee owners experiencing similar issues.
- USB ports on 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude not working
- Tried different cables, pulling fuse, and checking everything
- Possible solutions: check and replace fuse F80 under the hood
- Perform a soft reset by putting car in ACC mode, holding green phone button and VR button, opening driver door, and starting the car
- Troubleshooting steps successful for other Jeep Cherokee owners
- Troubleshooting steps may resolve USB port issues on Jeep Cherokee
Check this out:
💡 Pro Tips:
1. Try cleaning the USB ports with compressed air or a soft brush to remove any dust or debris that may be causing a connection issue.
2. If the USB ports still don’t work after cleaning, try resetting the car’s infotainment system by disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes, then reconnecting it.
3. Consider updating the car’s software or firmware, as sometimes outdated software can cause issues with USB functionality. Check the manufacturer’s website or contact a dealership for instructions on how to update the software.
4. Experiment with different USB devices or brands of USB cables, as compatibility issues may be causing the problem. Some devices may not be recognized by the car’s system, while certain cables may not provide a stable connection.
5. Contact the dealership or a qualified technician if the issue persists, as there may be a hardware problem that requires professional assistance. They can run diagnostic tests and determine if any components need to be replaced.
1. Usb Ports On 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Not Working
If you own a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude and are experiencing issues with your USB ports not functioning properly, you are not alone.
Many owners have reported similar problems with their USB ports on this particular model. The USB ports are commonly used to connect devices such as smartphones, tablets, and USB drives for media playback and charging purposes.
However, when the USB ports stop working, it can be frustrating and inconvenient.
2. Troubleshooting Methods: New Cables, Pulling Fuse, And Checking Everything
Before diving into more advanced troubleshooting methods, it is always a good idea to start with the basics.
One common issue with malfunctioning USB ports is the use of faulty cables. Try using different USB cables to connect your devices and see if that resolves the problem.
Additionally, pulling the fuse related to the USB ports and checking all connections and settings can also be beneficial.
3. Car Display Error: “Usb Error, Unplug All Usbs For Rest”
One frustrating aspect of this USB port issue is that when the problem occurs, the car’s display screen may show an error message stating, “USB Error, unplug all USBs for rest.” This message indicates that there is an issue with the USB ports and suggests that you unplug all connected devices in an attempt to resolve the problem.
Unfortunately, this quick fix does not always solve the underlying issue, and further troubleshooting is necessary.
4. Unsuccessful Attempts: Turning Car On/Off And Disconnecting Battery
In some cases, Jeep Cherokee Latitude owners have attempted to solve the USB port problem by turning the car on and off or by disconnecting the vehicle’s battery.
Unfortunately, these attempts have proven to be unsuccessful in most cases. The root cause of the problem seems to be more complex and requires other troubleshooting methods.
5. Frustration With The Situation
As an owner of a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude with malfunctioning USB ports, it is understandable to feel frustrated with the situation.
The reliance on USB ports for various functionalities in the vehicle, such as charging and media playback, makes it a significant inconvenience when they cease to work. However, it is important to remain patient and follow the recommended troubleshooting steps to find a solution.
6. Recommended Fixes: Checking And Replacing Fuse, Performing Soft Reset
Based on reports from other Jeep Cherokee Latitude owners, there are a couple of potential fixes that have proven successful in resolving the USB port issue.
- Put your car in the ACC mode.
- Press and hold the green phone button and VR (Voice Recognition) button simultaneously for about 30 seconds.
- Release the buttons and open the driver door, leaving it open for 30 seconds.
- Finally, start your car, and the soft reset should be complete.
These recommended fixes have proven successful for some Jeep Cherokee Latitude owners, but it is important to note that results may vary. It is also worth mentioning that if these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to consult with a certified Jeep technician or bring your vehicle to a service center for further assistance.
In conclusion, the USB port issue on the 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude can be frustrating, but there are potential solutions to explore. Before seeking professional help, it is worth trying troubleshooting methods such as using new cables, checking and replacing the fuse, and performing a soft reset.
While success is not guaranteed, these steps have helped many owners regain functionality of their USB ports. Remember to remain patient and consult with professionals if necessary to ensure a proper resolution to the problem.