In the age of advanced technology, we rely heavily on screens to guide us through our daily lives.
But what happens when our trusty companion suddenly goes on the fritz?
Imagine cruising down the road in your sleek 2019 Jeep Compass, only to find that your screen has spontaneously stopped working.
Fear not, for this article will unravel the mysteries behind this frustrating issue and provide you with simple solutions to get your screen up and running once again.
So sit tight and prepare to become a screen troubleshooting expert for your beloved Jeep Compass.
2019 jeep compass screen not working
If the screen on your 2019 Jeep Compass is not working, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.
Firstly, try a soft reset by pressing the phone and voice activation buttons on the steering wheel for 10 to 20 seconds.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you can try a hard reset by disconnecting the negative terminal (or both terminals) from the battery for at least 5 minutes.
After reconnecting the terminals and turning the ignition to the ON position, the UConnect system should reset.
- Troubleshoot the 2019 Jeep Compass screen not working
- Soft reset by pressing phone and voice activation buttons on steering wheel
- Hard reset by disconnecting negative terminal (or both) from battery for 5 minutes
- Reconnect terminals and turn ignition to ON position
- UConnect system should reset
- Follow troubleshooting steps to fix screen issue
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The 2019 Jeep Compass features a touchscreen display that uses a type of technology known as capacitive touch, which allows users to interact with the screen using their finger’s electrical charge.
2. The screen in the 2019 Jeep Compass is equipped with an anti-glare coating to minimize reflections and improve visibility, making it easier to read even in bright sunlight.
3. The touchscreen in the 2019 Jeep Compass is powered by a system called FCA Uconnect, which integrates various features such as navigation, entertainment, and vehicle settings into a single interface for user convenience.
4. To ensure durability, the screen in the 2019 Jeep Compass is made of scratch-resistant glass, which helps protect it from daily wear and tear caused by regular use and accidental contact.
5. In case of a screen malfunction in the 2019 Jeep Compass, there is a manual control option available that allows the driver to access and control essential functions via physical buttons or knobs, ensuring uninterrupted operation even if the touchscreen fails.
1. Soft Reset By Pressing Phone And Voice Activation Buttons
One of the first troubleshooting steps you can try when your 2019 Jeep Compass screen is not working is a soft reset. To do this, press the phone and voice activation buttons on the steering wheel simultaneously and hold them for 10 to 20 seconds. This will reboot the system and may resolve any temporary software glitches causing the screen to malfunction.
If the screen still does not work after performing a soft reset, you may need to move on to a hard reset.
2. Hard Reset By Disconnecting Negative Terminal From Battery
If the soft reset did not resolve the issue, a hard reset might do the trick. Keep in mind that performing a hard reset will reset all the vehicle’s settings and may require you to reconfigure some preferences.
To perform a hard reset, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the negative terminal (or both terminals) from the battery.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before reconnecting the terminals. This will give the UConnect system enough time to fully reset.
- Reconnect the terminals.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position and see if the screen starts working again.
It is advisable to consult the vehicle’s manual or contact the manufacturer for specific instructions on performing a hard reset.
3. Uconnect System Reset After Reconnecting Terminals
Upon reconnecting the terminals and turning the ignition to the ON position, the UConnect system should reset itself. This can take a few minutes, and you may hear some clicking or other sounds during the process. Be patient and give the system time to initialize.
If the screen still remains unresponsive after the UConnect system reset, there are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check if all the connections are secure.
- Restart the vehicle and repeat the reset process.
- Consult the vehicle’s manual for further troubleshooting guidance.
“If the screen still remains unresponsive after the UConnect system reset, there are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try.”
4. Check For Loose Connections Or Damaged Wiring
Sometimes, the issue lies with loose connections or damaged wiring. Inspect the cables and connectors leading to the screen to ensure they are securely connected and undamaged. Tighten any loose connections and replace any damaged wiring if necessary. A loose or damaged connection can cause the screen to stop working or display intermittent faults.
5. Update Uconnect Software To Latest Version
Outdated software can cause compatibility issues and affect the proper functioning of the screen. To address this, it is recommended to check for available updates for the UConnect system and install them if necessary. Updating the software to the latest version can help resolve any known bugs or glitches that may be causing the screen malfunction.
- Check for updates for the UConnect system
- Install available updates if necessary
“Updating the software to the latest version may resolve any known bugs or glitches that could be causing the screen malfunction.”
6. Perform A System Diagnostic Test
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to perform a system diagnostic test. This will help identify any specific hardware or software problems that are preventing the screen from functioning correctly. Contact your nearest Jeep dealership or authorized service center to schedule a diagnostic test for your 2019 Jeep Compass.
7. Consider Professional Inspection Or Repair If Issue Persists
If the screen still does not work after trying the previous troubleshooting steps, it is recommended to seek professional inspection or repair. A qualified technician will have the necessary tools and expertise to diagnose the problem accurately and suggest appropriate solutions. Attempting further repairs without proper knowledge can potentially cause more damage.
8. Contact Jeep Customer Support For Further Assistance
If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and the screen is still not working, it is advisable to contact Jeep customer support for further assistance. They can provide guidance, answer any questions you may have, and offer additional solutions or alternatives to resolve the issue.
If you are experiencing a 2019 Jeep Compass screen not working, it is important to follow the above troubleshooting steps. Start with a soft reset and proceed to a hard reset if needed. Check for loose connections or damaged wiring, update the UConnect software, and perform a system diagnostic test if necessary. If the problem persists, consider seeking professional inspection or repair from a qualified technician. Lastly, remember that Jeep customer support is there to assist you further if needed.
How do you reset the screen on a Jeep Compass?
To reset the screen on your Jeep Compass, start by inserting the key into the ignition and turning it to the “Run” position while keeping the SUV in park. Next, simultaneously press and hold down the volume button and tuner knob on your infotainment display for approximately 10 to 20 seconds. This should initiate a reset process and resolve any screen issues you may be experiencing.
How do you fix a black screen on a Jeep?
To fix a black screen on a Jeep, you can perform a simple reset on the UConnect system. Start by pressing and holding the phone and voice activation buttons for approximately 10 to 20 seconds. This action will cause the UConnect system to display your Jeep trim logo and then turn off. After a brief moment, the screen will switch on again, showing your trim logo. With this reset, your UConnect system should be back to its normal functioning state.
Why is my UConnect screen black?
If your UConnect screen is displaying a black screen, it could indicate a temporary glitch or software error. One possible solution to try is disconnecting the negative terminals of the batteries for a couple of minutes to perform a reset. This action can sometimes help to resolve any minor issues and restore normal functionality to the screen. However, if you have a Tazer installed, it is important to perform a full reboot after changing settings to ensure proper functioning of the UConnect screen. This will help to ensure that any changes made through the Tazer are properly integrated and that the screen returns to its normal state.
What is the most common problem with a Jeep Compass?
One of the most common problems with the Jeep Compass is water leaks. Many Compass owners have reported issues with water entering their vehicles, causing damage to interior components. This can lead to costly repairs and inconvenience for the owners.
Another common issue that Compass owners have faced is hard starting. Some owners have experienced difficulty starting the vehicle, which can be frustrating and inconvenient, especially in situations where reliable transportation is crucial. Additionally, noisy brakes have also been reported by Compass owners, which can be a safety concern and may require attention from a mechanic.