Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to tow a Jeep Renegade without a trailer?
You’re not alone.
Many adventurous drivers are eager to know if there’s a secret hack that allows this compact SUV to be flat towed.
But before you attempt any backyard experiments, it’s crucial to consider the safety and legality of the practice.
In this article, we’ll explore the ins and outs of towing a Jeep Renegade and provide you with valuable resources to make an informed decision.
So, can a Jeep Renegade be flat towed?
Let’s find out!
can a jeep renegade be flat towed
No, a Jeep Renegade cannot be flat towed due to the potential damage it may cause to the powertrain.
It is recommended to consult the owner’s manual or a Jeep dealership to determine if a specific model is flat towable.
- Jeep Renegade cannot be flat towed due to potential powertrain damage
- Consult owner’s manual or Jeep dealership for flat towability information
- Flat towing may affect the powertrain of the Jeep Renegade
- Jeep Renegade is not designed for flat towing
- Consult experts to determine if a specific Jeep Renegade model is flat towable
- Seek advice from the owner’s manual or a Jeep dealership for towing recommendations.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. Flat towing, also known as dinghy towing, is a method of towing a vehicle behind a motorhome or RV with all four wheels on the ground, without the need for a trailer.
2. While many Jeep models are designed to be flat towed, the Jeep Renegade requires some additional equipment and steps to be flat towed safely.
3. The Jeep Renegade can be flat towed with the proper setup, which includes a specific procedure for engaging and disengaging the transfer case.
4. One important step in flat towing a Jeep Renegade is to install a supplemental braking system, which helps the towed vehicle stop smoothly and safely.
5. It is always recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer to ensure the correct flat towing procedure for a Jeep Renegade, as the information may vary depending on the year and model.
Author’s Desire To Flat Tow 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Edition
The author of this article is interested in flat towing their 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk edition behind an RV, despite the fact that the Jeep Renegade manual clearly states that flat towing is not recommended. The Trailhawk edition of the Jeep Renegade is renowned for its impressive off-road capabilities, and the author wishes to take advantage of this versatility during their adventures.
- Important: the Jeep Renegade manual clearly states that flat towing is not recommended.
- The 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk edition is known for its exceptional off-road capabilities.
- The author is passionate about bringing this versatile vehicle on their adventures.
Note: Flat towing the Jeep Renegade is not advised according to the manufacturer’s manual.
- The author desires to flat tow their 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk edition behind an RV.
- Despite the clear instructions in the Jeep Renegade manual, the author is determined to proceed.
- The Jeep Renegade Trailhawk edition is renowned for its off-road capabilities.
- The author wishes to take advantage of the versatility of their vehicle during their adventures.
Theoretical “Hack” For Flat Towing A Jeep Renegade
To address the issue, the author proposes a theoretical hack for tackling the problem. The suggested method involves placing the key FOB in the cup holder, pressing the start button without starting the engine, shifting the automatic transmission into Neutral, and keeping the power on throughout the trip. It is important to note that this hack is not endorsed by the author or any official sources.
Warning Against Attempting The Theoretical Hack At Home
It is important to emphasize that the theoretical hack mentioned above should not be attempted at home. The safety and reliability of such a method cannot be guaranteed. Attempting to flat tow a vehicle that is not designed for it can cause damage to the transmission and other vital components, as well as pose potential danger on the road.
Recommended Resource For Identifying Approved Vehicles For Flat Towing
To determine if a Jeep Renegade, or any other vehicle, can be safely flat towed, it is recommended to consult reliable resources such as the Motorhome Magazine Dinghy Towing Guide. This guide provides comprehensive information on approved vehicles for flat towing and is a valuable resource for RV enthusiasts.
Importance Of Checking The Vehicle’s Owner’s Manual
When it comes to flat towing a Jeep Renegade, it is crucial to refer to the individual vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of any theoretical hacks or guides, the owner’s manual should be the ultimate resource for determining if flat towing is possible for a specific model and year of the Jeep Renegade.
- The owner’s manual provides accurate and specific instructions for towing a particular Jeep Renegade.
- It is important to rely on the information given in the owner’s manual to avoid any potential damage or complications during flat towing.
Note: It is essential to thoroughly read and understand the instructions provided in the owner’s manual before attempting to flat tow a Jeep Renegade.
Jeep Wrangler: A Popular Choice For Flat Towing
While the Jeep Renegade may not be suitable for flat towing, the article highlights the Jeep Wrangler as a popular choice for this purpose. The Wrangler’s 4WD capabilities and rugged design make it a favorite among RV enthusiasts who want to bring an additional vehicle on their adventures.
Consideration Of Weight And Tow Capacity For Jeep Wrangler
When flat towing a Jeep Wrangler behind an RV, it is crucial to consider the weight of the vehicle and the tow capacity of the RV.
- Different trim levels of the Jeep Wrangler may have varying weights, so it is essential to consider this in relation to the RV’s tow capacity to ensure safe and efficient towing.
It is important to note that exceeding the RV’s tow capacity can lead to strain on the engine and other mechanical components, risking damage to both the RV and the Jeep Wrangler.
In order to determine the weight of the Jeep Wrangler, it is recommended to refer to the vehicle’s owner manual or consult with the manufacturer.
Once you have the weight of the vehicle, compare it to the tow capacity of the RV. The tow capacity can typically be found on the RV’s owner manual or by contacting the manufacturer.
If the weight of the Jeep Wrangler exceeds the RV’s tow capacity, it is not advisable to proceed with flat towing.
Additionally, it is important to ensure that the RV is equipped with the necessary towing equipment, such as a tow bar and proper safety chains, to securely fasten the Jeep Wrangler during transit.
- Consider the weight of the Jeep Wrangler and the tow capacity of the RV.
- Ensure that the weight of the Jeep Wrangler does not exceed the RV’s tow capacity.
- Verify the necessary towing equipment is in place for secure flat towing.
“Properly considering the weight and tow capacity is crucial to ensure safe and efficient flat towing.”
Jeep Grand Cherokee: Only Certain Trim Levels Can Be Flat Towed
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a model that can be flat towed, specifically with certain trim levels that offer low-speed 4-wheel-drive. To ensure the proper procedure for flat towing, it is crucial to identify and follow the specific instructions outlined in the owner’s manual for the particular trim level of the Grand Cherokee.
In conclusion, although the Jeep Renegade may not be suitable for flat towing, there are other Jeep models available that do support this capability. To determine if a specific Jeep model can be flat towed, it is essential to consult the vehicle’s owner’s manual, reliable resources, and consider factors such as weight and tow capacity. When it comes to flat towing, it is vital to avoid attempting unverified hacks or methods that could potentially cause damage or danger on the road.
- Remember to consult the owner’s manual for instructions specific to the trim level of the Grand Cherokee.
- Consider weight and tow capacity when determining if a specific Jeep model can be flat towed.
- Approved vehicles and proper procedures should always be followed when engaging in flat towing.
- Avoid unverified hacks or methods that may lead to damage or danger on the road.
Which Jeep models are flat towable?
Yes, indeed! All Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator models can be towed flat without any problems, regardless of their specific model or transmission option. Once you’ve chosen the desired Jeep model, simply engage the parking brake to ensure a secure tow. However, it’s important to keep in mind some additional details about dinghy towing these vehicles.
Is a 2017 Jeep Renegade flat towable?
No, the 2017 Jeep Renegade is not flat towable, as outlined in the owner’s manual. It is important to adhere to this guideline to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle. The manufacturer’s recommendation should be followed to avoid any potential damage or issues while towing the Renegade.
What 4×4 can be flat towed?
While the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee are indeed popular choices for flat towing, there are a few other 4×4 vehicles that can also be flat towed. One such example is the Toyota Tacoma, a rugged pickup truck known for its off-road capabilities. With its four-wheel drive and a manual transfer case that can be put in neutral, the Tacoma is a reliable option for flat towing. Another option is the Chevrolet Colorado, which also offers a manual transfer case that can be easily put into neutral, making it suitable for flat towing adventures.
How to tow a Jeep Renegade?
To tow a Jeep Renegade, it is important to note that both the front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models cannot be flat-towed. However, you can still engage in recreational towing if you have the front wheels off the ground. This can be achieved by using a tow dolly, which lifts the front wheels off the ground, or a vehicle trailer, which keeps all four wheels off the ground. By using either of these methods, you can safely tow a Jeep Renegade without causing any damage to the vehicle.