With its rugged exterior and adventurous spirit, the Jeep Renegade has captured the hearts of many.
But how far can this versatile vehicle truly take you?
In this article, we delve into its longevity, uncovering the fascinating details that will leave you eager to learn about the mileage potential of a Jeep Renegade.
how many miles does a jeep renegade last
A Jeep Renegade is expected to last between 100,000 to 150,000 miles.
With regular care, it can potentially reach up to 200,000 miles.
The 2015 model has had the most reported problems, so it is advised to avoid that specific year.
The 2022 Jeep Renegade has a reliability rating of 80 out of 100 according to J.D.Power.
Over the first 10 years of service, a Renegade will cost approximately $10,083 for maintenance and repairs, which is slightly higher than the industry average for popular SUV models.
The probability of a major repair during that time is 31.13%, which is worse compared to similar vehicles in this segment.
- Jeep Renegade expected to last 100,000 to 150,000 miles, with potential to reach 200,000 with regular care
- Avoid the 2015 model due to reported problems
- 2022 Jeep Renegade has a reliability rating of 80 out of 100
- Over 10 years, Renegade maintenance and repairs cost approximately $10,083, slightly higher than industry average
- Probability of major repair in first 10 years is 31.13%, worse than similar vehicles in segment
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The Jeep Renegade was named after the World War II fighter planes used by the Allies, which were known for their durability and resilience.
2. The average lifespan of a Jeep Renegade is around 200,000 miles, but some owners have reported driving theirs well over 300,000 miles with proper maintenance.
3. In 2016, a Jeep Renegade set a Guinness World Record for the longest journey through a single country by an off-road vehicle, driving 14,605.2 miles across Australia.
4. There is a specially modified Jeep Renegade called the “Wayout” edition, which features a rooftop tent, rooftop solar panels, and a built-in coffee machine for outdoor enthusiasts.
5. While the Jeep Renegade is primarily designed as an off-road vehicle, it offers impressive fuel efficiency for its class, with some models achieving up to 32 miles per gallon on the highway.
1. Introduction To The Jeep Renegade
The Jeep Renegade, introduced in 2015, is a popular compact SUV known for its combination of ruggedness and capability from Jeep and the practicality and efficiency of a smaller vehicle. This unique blend has earned the Renegade a loyal following since its debut.
Key features of the Jeep Renegade include:
- Distinctive styling: The Renegade stands out with its bold and rugged design, showcasing a strong and confident appearance.
- Off-road capabilities: Built on Jeep’s reputation for off-road prowess, the Renegade offers impressive performance on both paved roads and challenging terrains.
- Compact size: With its smaller footprint, the Renegade is highly maneuverable in urban environments and provides easy parking options.
- Fuel efficiency: Despite its rugged nature, the Renegade offers competitive fuel efficiency numbers, making it an economical choice for daily commuting and long journeys alike.
In summary, the Jeep Renegade is a compact SUV that excels in delivering a combination of ruggedness, capability, practicality, and efficiency. For those seeking a versatile vehicle that stands out both on and off the road, the Renegade is worth considering.
- Key features:
- Distinctive styling
- Off-road capabilities
- Compact size
- Fuel efficiency
2. Mileage Expectations For The Jeep Renegade
On average, drivers tend to accrue about 15,000 miles per year. However, the mileage a Jeep Renegade can last greatly depends on how well it’s maintained and driven.
Some owners have reported reaching impressive mileage numbers, with some reaching between 80,000 to 90,000 miles, while others have achieved over 150,000 miles on their Renegades.
- The mileage a Jeep Renegade can last depends on maintenance and driving habits.
- Some owners have achieved high mileage, with ranges from 80,000 to 90,000 miles and even over 150,000 miles.
- Proper maintenance and careful driving can help maximize the lifespan of a Jeep Renegade.
“The mileage a Jeep Renegade can last greatly depends on how well it’s maintained and driven.”
3. Longevity Of The Jeep Renegade
An average Jeep Renegade is expected to last between 100,000 to 150,000 miles. With regular care, including routine maintenance and timely repairs, a Renegade can even exceed the 200,000-mile mark. The longevity of any vehicle is highly dependent on various factors such as:
- Driving habits
- Environmental conditions
“With proper care and attention, a Jeep Renegade can provide reliable transportation for many miles.”
4. Reliability Rating Of The Jeep Renegade
According to J.D.Power, the 2022 Jeep Renegade has a reliability rating of 80 out of 100. This rating indicates that the Renegade has above-average reliability compared to other vehicles in its segment. However, it’s essential to note that the reliability ratings can vary between different model years and individual vehicles.
5. Reported Problems With The 2015 Jeep Renegade
Among different model years of the Jeep Renegade, the 2015 model stands out as the most problematic. Owners have filed a total of 320 complaints specifically related to this year. The primary concern voiced by owners pertains to electrical problems. It’s important to note that these reported issues may not be representative of all Renegades, but it is still wise to exercise caution when considering a 2015 Renegade.
- The 2015 Jeep Renegade has the highest number of reported problems compared to other model years.
- Owners have lodged a total of 320 complaints specifically related to the 2015 model.
- The most significant issue reported by owners is related to electrical problems.
- It is important to exercise caution when considering purchasing a 2015 Renegade.
Note: The information provided is solely based on reported complaints and may not reflect the overall reliability of the Jeep Renegade.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further improvements.
6. Comparison Of Reported Problems In Different Renegade Models
As time has progressed, the reported problems with the Jeep Renegade have diminished. For example, the 2018 Renegade only has 32 complaints, showcasing a considerable improvement in reliability compared to its earlier counterparts. Additionally, both the 2020 and 2019 Renegade models have not reported any problems thus far, indicating continued improvements in overall reliability.
7. Tips For Choosing The Right Renegade Model
Given the reported problems and improvement in reliability over the years, it is wise to avoid the 2015 Renegade model. Instead, opting for a newer model, such as the 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions, may provide a more reliable and trouble-free ownership experience. Conducting thorough research, reading owner reviews, and consulting with reputable dealers can help in making an informed decision.
- 2015 Renegade: Reported problems and limited reliability.
- 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions: Newer models with improved reliability.
- Conduct thorough research.
- Read owner reviews.
- Consult with reputable dealers.
A wise decision would be to avoid the 2015 Renegade model, and consider the more reliable 2018, 2019, and 2020 versions instead.
8. Maintenance And Repair Costs For The Jeep Renegade
When considering a Jeep Renegade, it’s essential to be aware of the potential maintenance and repair costs. According to industry estimates, a Renegade will cost approximately $10,083 for maintenance and repairs over its first 10 years of service. This cost is slightly higher than the industry average for popular SUV models. However, it’s crucial to note that this estimate includes routine maintenance and any potential major repairs that may be needed. The probability of a Renegade requiring a major repair during the first 10 years of ownership is approximately 31.13%, which is slightly higher than similar vehicles in its segment.
The Jeep Renegade is a versatile and durable compact SUV that can provide many miles of reliable service. With regular care, timely maintenance, and cautious consideration of the model year, a Jeep Renegade can give the owner many years of pleasurable driving experiences. Remember to conduct thorough research, consult reputable sources, and take into account your unique needs and preferences when choosing the right Renegade model.
How many miles can a 2017 Jeep Renegade last?
The 2017 Jeep Renegade is built to be a durable and long-lasting vehicle, with an expected lifespan of around 100,000 to 150,000 miles or approximately 240,000 kilometers. With proper maintenance, this can translate to approximately 7 to 10 years of reliable use. By diligently adhering to your maintenance schedule, you can ensure that your Jeep Renegade will continue to serve you well for many years to come.
Are Jeep Renegades expensive to fix?
The cost of fixing a Jeep Renegade can be quite pricey compared to other popular SUV models. Over the course of its first 10 years, owners can expect to spend around $10,083 on maintenance and repairs, which is $950 higher than the industry average for similar vehicles. It is important to factor in these potential expenses when considering the overall affordability of a Jeep Renegade.
Is Renegade a reliable car?
The Renegade has been deemed a reliable car overall, earning a solid reliability rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 from RepairPal. However, it is important for potential buyers to be aware of a few issues. While it may not be perfect, the Renegade offers a trustworthy performance that satisfies the needs of many SUV enthusiasts.
Do Jeep Renegades hold their value?
Yes, Jeep Renegades hold their value relatively well compared to other vehicles in their class. While they will still experience depreciation, the $9,627 loss in value after 5 years is fairly reasonable. With proper maintenance and care, a Jeep Renegade can retain its value better than some competing models. Additionally, the iconic Jeep brand and the Renegade’s reputation for off-road capability can contribute to its sustained value in the used car market. However, it’s important to note that individual factors such as mileage, condition, and market demand can also influence the value of a specific Jeep Renegade.