Are you itching to give your Jeep Wrangler an extra boost of functionality and style?
Look no further!
In this quick guide, we will walk you through the simple yet genius method of installing side steps on your 1999 Jeep Wrangler.
No need for fancy tools or complicated installations – just some good old-fashioned resourcefulness.
Get ready to transform your Jeep into the ultimate dream machine!
how to install jeep wrangler side steps
To install Jeep Wrangler side steps, carefully read the instructions and take your time during the installation process.
It is recommended to install them yourself instead of paying the dealer.
There may be pre-existing holes in the frame that line up with the step mounting holes, so check for this.
Unsure if nutserts or tapping is necessary, one solution is to use exhaust pipe hangers as substitutes for bolts.
Modify the hangers to fit and secure the side steps with flat washers and plastic end no-slip nuts.
This process is for installing OEM side steps on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE, and the author hopes their solution will help others facing a similar issue.
- Carefully read the instructions and take your time during the installation process of Jeep Wrangler side steps.
- It is recommended to install them yourself instead of paying the dealer.
- Check for pre-existing holes in the frame that may line up with the step mounting holes.
- Exhaust pipe hangers can be used as substitutes for bolts if nutserts or tapping is uncertain.
- Modify the hangers to fit and secure the side steps with flat washers and plastic end no-slip nuts.
- The process is for installing OEM side steps on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE, and the author hopes their solution will help others facing a similar issue.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The first Jeep Wrangler side steps were introduced in the early 1990s as optional equipment for the Jeep YJ model, offering consumers a more convenient way to enter and exit the vehicle.
2. The origin of the term “side steps” can be traced back to the early days of off-roading, where competitors would literally sidestep or step on the side of their vehicles to gain traction on rough terrain.
3. In 1997, Jeep released a limited edition Wrangler called the “TJ Sahara Side Steps Edition,” which included unique side steps with an engraved Sahara logo, making it a rare collector’s item among Jeep enthusiasts.
4. While many Jeep Wrangler side steps are made of durable steel or aluminum, some companies offer more eco-friendly alternatives, such as side steps made from recycled plastics or composite materials.
5. Installing side steps on a Jeep Wrangler not only enhances the vehicle’s exterior appearance but also provides added protection by acting as a buffer zone between the vehicle’s body and any potential side impacts during off-roading or other adventurous activities.
Introduction: How To Install Jeep Wrangler Side Steps
Adding side steps to a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE can greatly improve convenience and safety when entering and exiting the vehicle. We will provide a step-by-step guide on how to install these side steps, ensuring that you can easily complete the task on your own.
Furthermore, we will discuss the benefits of adding running boards to your Jeep and explore their impact on the vehicle’s value.
- Installing side steps on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE:
- Gather the necessary tools and materials.
- Locate the appropriate mounting points on the Jeep’s body.
- Position the side steps and align them with the mounting points.
- Secure the side steps using the provided hardware.
- Double-check the stability and ensure a proper fit.
- Test the side steps for weight capacity and durability.
Adding running boards to your Jeep can offer several advantages:
- Enhanced convenience when entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Improved safety by providing a stable foothold.
- Protection against road debris and potential damage to the vehicle’s side panels.
- Potential increase in the resale value of your Jeep.
In conclusion, the addition of side steps and running boards to a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE can greatly enhance convenience, safety, and the overall value of the vehicle. By following our installation guide, you can easily achieve these benefits.
Avoid Dealers: Save Money By Installing Side Steps Yourself
If you visit a Jeep dealership, you may be enticed to pay for professional installation services. However, we advise against this as installing side steps is a simple task that you can complete yourself. By avoiding dealer installation costs, you can save a significant amount of money.
Simple Installation: Step-By-Step Guide For DIY Installation
The installation of OEM side steps on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE is relatively straightforward. It is important to carefully read the provided instructions before starting the installation. Take your time and ensure you understand each step before proceeding. This will minimize the chances of making mistakes during the installation process.
To begin the installation of the OEM side steps on your 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE:
- Carefully read the provided instructions.
- Take your time to understand each step.
- Gather all the necessary tools and materials.
- Locate the appropriate mounting points on your Jeep Wrangler SE.
- Attach the brackets to the mounting points.
- Place the side steps onto the brackets and secure them in place.
- Double-check that all the steps are properly installed and secured.
Remember to refer back to the instructions as needed throughout the installation process. Do not rush and ensure everything is done correctly to guarantee a successful installation.
“Proper installation is crucial for the safe and effective use of OEM side steps on your 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE.”
- Take your time during the installation process
- Refer back to the instructions when needed
- Double-check all steps for proper installation
Follow Instructions: Importance Of Reading And Taking Time
Installing Jeep Wrangler Side Steps: Essential Tips for a Successful Installation
To ensure a seamless installation of Jeep Wrangler side steps, following the provided instructions is absolutely critical. By paying close attention to the following tips, you can ensure a smooth and secure installation process:
Thoroughly Read the Instructions: Before you begin the installation, take the time to thoroughly read and understand the provided instructions. Familiarize yourself with each component and step involved in the process.
Assemble all Components: Gathering all the necessary components beforehand will save you time and frustration during the installation. Double-check that you have all the required parts and tools listed in the instructions.
Prepare the Work Area: Clear a spacious work area where you can comfortably maneuver around the vehicle. This will minimize the risk of accidents and make the installation process more efficient.
Take Your Time: Rushing through the installation process can lead to mistakes and potential mishaps. Be patient and allocate enough time for each step to ensure a proper and secure installation.
Carefully Follow the Steps: It is imperative to follow the steps in the provided instructions precisely. Deviating from the given instructions may result in an incorrect installation, compromising both the functionality and durability of the side steps.
Utilize Proper Tools: Make sure you have all the necessary tools required for the installation. Using improper tools can damage the components or cause unnecessary delays.
Double-Check the Installation: Once the side steps are installed, it is crucial to double-check their stability. Ensure that they are properly attached and securely fastened to the vehicle’s frame.
By adhering to these essential tips, you can confidently install Jeep Wrangler side steps with ease. Remember, careful attention to detail and patience will guarantee a successful and secure installation. So, gear up and enjoy the enhanced functionality and aesthetics that these side steps will bring to your Jeep Wrangler.
Additional Accessories: Adding To The Build Sheet
After purchasing a Jeep Wrangler, you have the opportunity to customize it by adding accessories to the original build sheet. This allows you to personalize your vehicle according to your preferences. While off-road bumpers and winches are popular choices for customization, it is unclear whether running boards are included as part of the available accessories.
- It is important to note that running boards provide several benefits, including:
- Enhanced vehicle accessibility and ease of entry/exit.
- Provides a step for easier access to the roof or cargo area of the Jeep.
- Offers additional protection to the lower body panels of the vehicle.
- Can enhance the overall appearance of the Jeep Wrangler.
Considering these advantages, running boards can be a valuable addition to your Jeep Wrangler. However, it is recommended to consult your local dealership or the manufacturer to confirm whether they are included in the list of available accessories for your specific model.
Keep in mind that running boards may be sold separately as optional extras, and their availability may vary based on the trim level or package you choose.
In summary, when customizing your Jeep Wrangler, exploring the option of adding running boards can significantly enhance its functionality, convenience, and aesthetics.
Uncertainty About Running Boards: Are They Included?
Running boards, also known as side steps, enhance the functionality and style of your Jeep Wrangler. However, it is important to note that their inclusion in the accessory package is not guaranteed. To confirm whether running boards are available as an add-on, it is recommended to contact your dealership or refer to the official Jeep accessories catalog for clarification.
- Running boards, or side steps, provide additional functionality and style to your Jeep Wrangler.
- It is uncertain whether running boards are automatically included in the accessory package.
- To confirm their availability, contact your dealership or refer to the official Jeep accessories catalog.
“Enhance your Jeep Wrangler’s functionality and style with running boards, also known as side steps.”
Questioning The Value: Do Running Boards Increase Vehicle Worth?
While running boards enhance the appearance and functionality of your Jeep Wrangler, it is important to question their impact on the vehicle’s value. While they may add some value, it is important to note that their inclusion may not result in a substantial increase in the overall worth of the vehicle. It is essential to weigh the cost of adding running boards against the potential increase in resale value.
Minimal Value: Will Running Boards Significantly Increase Vehicle’s Value?
Running boards may not significantly increase the value of your Jeep Wrangler. Potential buyers may not assign substantial monetary value to this accessory. Therefore, it is important to consider running boards as a personal preference rather than an investment that will significantly affect the vehicle’s resale value.
In conclusion, the installation of Jeep Wrangler side steps is a simple task that can be done independently, saving you money on dealer installation costs. It is recommended to carefully read and follow the provided instructions, taking your time to ensure a secure installation.
- Consider running boards as a personal preference rather than an investment
- Installation of Jeep Wrangler side steps can be done independently, saving money
- Carefully read and follow the provided instructions for a secure installation.
How long does it take to install side steps?
Installing side steps can vary in time, but typically takes between 1 and 3 hours. This timeframe may depend on factors such as the type of vehicle and any additional modifications needed. However, our running steps are specifically designed to be easily installed without the need for drilling or making any modifications to your truck. They are designed to bolt-up seamlessly, ensuring a hassle-free installation process.
How much does it cost to install running boards on an SUV?
Installing running boards on an SUV can be a time-consuming task requiring the appropriate tools. The cost of installation ranges from $300 to $1,000, depending on the style and brand chosen. While it may seem a bit expensive, it is worth considering the option of saving on installation costs.
Are side steps worth it?
While side steps have their advantages, it ultimately depends on personal preference and needs. Their sturdy build and unique design provide a practical and non-slip stepping surface, which can be beneficial for those needing extra stability when entering or exiting a vehicle. However, it’s important to consider that side steps offer less foot space compared to running boards, which may pose challenges for individuals with large feet or bulky footwear, potentially making it uncomfortable to access the vehicle. Therefore, if you prioritize stability and a compact design over spaciousness, side steps can be a worthwhile investment.
Are side steps good for you?
Side steps are indeed beneficial for your overall health and well-being. By engaging in side stepping exercises, you can target and strengthen underused muscles, leading to improved balance, flexibility, and spatial awareness. Additionally, side stepping treatment is commonly employed by Physical Therapists to effectively address injuries in the low back and lower extremities. Incorporating side steps into your exercise routine can contribute to a healthier and stronger body.