Have you ever wished you could start your Jeep Wrangler from the comfort of your own home?
Imagine no longer having to brave the cold and climb inside a frigid vehicle.
Well, the good news is that remote starting your Jeep Wrangler is not only possible, but it’s also incredibly convenient.
In this article, we will explore the ins and outs of how to remote start your Jeep Wrangler, including some of the limitations and safety precautions to be aware of.
So, buckle up and get ready to discover a whole new level of comfort and convenience with your Jeep Wrangler remote start!
how to remote start jeep wrangler
To remote start a Jeep Wrangler, simply press the remote start button on your key fob.
The range for the remote start is typically 100 feet or less.
If you are in a hotel room on a higher floor with a clear view of your Jeep, you may be able to activate the remote start from a farther distance.
Once the remote start is activated, it takes about 15 minutes for the engine to warm up and the interior to become cozy.
However, seat heaters do not automatically come on and older JK models do not have a steering wheel heater option.
The doors will remain locked until the key is inserted when using remote start, and the radio and navigation will not work until the key is turned.
Safety measures are in place, such as an automatic engine shut off if low fuel or check engine lights are on.
Lastly, the transmission must be in “Park” mode for the remote start to work.
- Press the remote start button on the key fob to start the Jeep Wrangler remotely.
- The remote start has a range of about 100 feet or less.
- In certain situations, the remote start may work from a farther distance with a clear view of the Jeep.
- It takes approximately 15 minutes for the engine to warm up and the interior to become cozy after activating the remote start.
- Seat heaters and steering wheel heaters do not automatically come on, and older JK models do not have a steering wheel heater option.
- The doors will remain locked until the key is inserted, and the radio and navigation will not work until the key is turned.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. Did you know that the first remote start system for vehicles was actually developed and patented in 1916? It was created by a man named Vern H. Simpson and was originally meant for use on steam-powered vehicles.
2. The evolution of remote start systems for vehicles led to the inception of smartphone-controlled systems. Nowadays, you can even start, lock/unlock, and track your Jeep Wrangler using specific mobile apps designed for this purpose.
3. Remote start systems have an interesting connection to radio communication history. In the late 1950s, Chrysler Corporation introduced the “AllTransistor Mopar Radio,” which had a remote control that allowed the driver to start their car from a distance.
4. Remote start functionality has expanded to include additional features beyond simply starting or stopping your car’s engine. Modern systems can also activate heated seats, defrost windows, and adjust climate control settings remotely.
5. If you own a newer Jeep Wrangler model equipped with a remote start system, the vehicle’s key fob might have a dedicated “Remote Start” button. Pressing this button twice in quick succession will initiate the engine start sequence, making it convenient and effortless to start your Jeep remotely.
Factory Remote Start Range
The factory remote start feature on Jeep Wranglers provides incredible convenience and functionality. With a range of 100 feet or less, you can start your vehicle from a distance and have it ready to go by the time you reach it. Whether you’re in the comfort of your home or office, this feature allows you to start your Jeep without physically being inside.
Activating Remote Start Through A Hotel Room Window
Imagine you’re staying in a hotel and your room is located on a higher floor with a clear view of the parking area where your Jeep Wrangler is parked. You can still activate the remote start feature by simply pointing the key fob towards the vehicle and pressing the remote start button. The signal can pass through the hotel room window, allowing you to warm up your Jeep from the comfort of your room.
- Activate remote start feature
- Point key fob towards vehicle
- Press remote start button
“The signal can pass through the hotel room window, allowing you to warm up your Jeep from the comfort of your room.”
Time For Engine Warm-Up And Interior Coziness
One of the advantages of remote starting your Jeep Wrangler is the ability to warm up the engine and make the interior cozy before entering the vehicle. It typically takes around 15 minutes for the engine to warm up and for the heat to circulate through the cabin. This ensures a comfortable driving experience, especially during colder weather conditions.
Seat Heaters Not Activating Automatically
Although the factory remote start feature warms up the Jeep’s engine and cabin, it does not automatically activate the seat heaters. You will need to manually turn on the seat heaters after entering the vehicle. This allows you to customize the level of heat you desire and conserve battery power while the vehicle is in remote start mode.
No Steering Wheel Heater On Older JK Models
For owners of older Jeep Wrangler JK models, it is important to note that there is no steering wheel heater available. This means that even when using the remote start feature, the steering wheel will not be heated, unlike in newer models. However, the engine will still warm up, providing a comfortable driving experience once inside the vehicle.
- No steering wheel heater in older Jeep Wrangler JK models
- Remote start feature does not heat the steering wheel
- Newer models have a heated steering wheel feature
“The lack of a steering wheel heater in older Jeep Wrangler JK models means that owners won’t have the luxury of a warmed-up steering wheel, even when using the remote start feature. However, the engine will still warm up, ensuring a comfortable driving experience once inside the vehicle.”
Locked Doors With Remote Start
When using the remote start feature on your Jeep Wrangler:
- The doors will remain locked until you insert the key into the ignition.
- This ensures that your vehicle stays secure while it is running.
- Once you enter the vehicle, you can simply turn the key to unlock the doors while the engine continues to run.
Radio And Navigation Activation With Key
During remote start, the engine and cabin will warm up; however, it is important to remember that the radio and navigation systems will not be activated until the key is turned in the ignition. Once the key is turned, both the radio and navigation systems will become fully functional. This means you can enjoy your favorite music and effortlessly navigate to your desired destination.
Safety Precautions And Transmission Requirement
The factory remote start feature on Jeep Wranglers includes safety precautions to protect the vehicle and its occupants. If the low fuel or check engine lights are on, the engine will automatically shut off to prevent any potential damage. Additionally, the remote start feature requires the transmission to be in “Park” mode for it to work. This prevents any accidental starting of the vehicle while it is in gear, ensuring the safety of everyone nearby.
How do you start a Jeep Wrangler with remote start?
To start a Jeep Wrangler with remote start, simply utilize the innovative feature by pressing the lock button on the key fob three times. Once activated, the vehicle will come to life and run for a convenient 20-minute interval before automatically shutting down. This not only provides a hassle-free start to your adventure, but also allows you to enjoy a comfortable environment inside your Jeep before embarking on your journey.
How do I know if my Jeep has remote start?
To determine if your Jeep has remote start, you can start by checking the owner’s manual. It should provide detailed information on the specific remote starter and how it functions in your vehicle. Additionally, examine your Jeep’s key fob as it may have a designated button for remote start. To confirm, simply test out the feature using the key fob and see if it initiates remote start.
What is the x2 button on Jeep key?
The x2 button on a Jeep key is a feature that comes with the Remote Start System equipped in the vehicle. This button allows you to remotely start your Jeep from a distance, enabling you to warm up or cool down the car’s interior before getting inside. It provides convenience and comfort, especially during extreme weather conditions. With just a push of the x2 button, your Jeep will be ready to go when you are.
How do I remote start my 2024 Jeep Wrangler?
To remote start your 2024 Jeep Wrangler, simply press the lock button on your factory remote three times in succession. This innovative feature eliminates the need for an extra remote and allows you to start your Jeep from a distance equal to the range at which you can lock your vehicle. Now you can conveniently start your Wrangler remotely without any hassle or additional devices, ensuring a seamless and effortless experience.