With its rugged exterior and versatile capabilities, the Jeep Renegade stands as a symbol of adventure and freedom on the open road.
But amidst its compact size, there remains a lingering question: Is the Jeep Renegade truly an SUV?
Let’s delve into this intriguing topic and uncover the truth behind this enigmatic vehicle.
is a jeep renegade an suv
Yes, the Jeep Renegade is considered to be an SUV.
- The Jeep Renegade is confirmed to be classified as an SUV.
- It falls into the category of SUVs due to its features and characteristics.
- The Jeep Renegade is designed with the intention of being a sport utility vehicle.
- Its size, shape, and capabilities align with SUV standards.
- Many experts and critics agree that the Jeep Renegade fits the SUV classification.
- Considering its overall design and purpose, it can be concluded that the Jeep Renegade is indeed an SUV.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The Jeep Renegade, though often referred to as an SUV, is classified as a subcompact crossover due to its smaller size and lighter weight compared to traditional SUVs.
2. Did you know that the Jeep Renegade shares a platform with the Fiat 500X? Both vehicles were jointly developed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
3. A notable and little-known fact is that the design of the Jeep Renegade was inspired by the original Willys Jeep, with its rugged and boxy styling paying homage to the iconic off-road vehicle.
4. The Jeep Renegade is known for its impressive off-road capabilities, but it also features a hidden “Easter egg” in its design. Look closely, and you may find a small image of a Willys Jeep on the windshield or elsewhere in the vehicle!
5. One interesting trivia about the Jeep Renegade is that it has an optional “My Sky” dual-pane sunroof, which allows the driver and passengers to open the roof panels and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine above. This feature adds an element of open-air freedom to the Renegade’s SUV-like experience.
Introduction To The Jeep Renegade
The Jeep Renegade is a subcompact crossover SUV produced by Stellantis. It is the smallest vehicle in Jeep’s current lineup and is built on the FCA Small Wide 4×4 platform.
Notably, the Renegade is manufactured outside of North America and is available in several markets worldwide. These include:
- North America
- South Africa
This versatile SUV offers a compact size without compromising on off-road capability or ruggedness. Its global presence demonstrates its popularity and appeal in various regions across the globe.
“The Jeep Renegade: Combining compact size with off-road prowess.”
Key Features and Trim Options
The Jeep Renegade offers a wide range of features and trim options to cater to different preferences and needs. Some key features include:
- Side roof rails: Provides additional storage space for luggage or outdoor equipment.
- Fog lamps: Ensures optimal visibility in foggy weather conditions.
- Power-adjustable front driver’s seat: Allows the driver to find their desired seating position easily.
- Heated front seats and steering wheel: Provides comfort during cold weather.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel: Adds a touch of luxury to the interior.
- Upgraded cloth seating surfaces: Enhances the overall comfort and durability of the seats.
- Automatic-dimming rearview mirror: Reduces glare from headlights behind the vehicle.
- Front windshield wiper de-icer: Prevents ice buildup on the wiper blades during winter.
- Ambient LED interior lighting: Creates a stylish and inviting atmosphere inside the vehicle.
- Premium audio system with a subwoofer: Delivers high-quality sound for an immersive entertainment experience.
In addition to these features, the Renegade also offers several convenience options, including:
- Dual-pane panoramic moonroof: Provides a spacious and open feel to the cabin.
- Automatic on/off front headlamps: Ensures the headlights are automatically turned on/off based on lighting conditions.
- Rain-sensitive front windshield wipers: Activates the wipers when rain is detected, enhancing driver visibility.
- Solar Yellow color option: Adds a vibrant and distinctive look to the vehicle, making it stand out on the road.
Overall, the Jeep Renegade combines functionality, comfort, and style through its array of features and options.
Availability and Global Markets
The Jeep Renegade is a popular choice among SUV enthusiasts worldwide. It is widely available in various global markets, including North America, Europe, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Japan, and China.
The compact size of the Renegade makes it perfect for urban driving, while still retaining the rugged capabilities and iconic Jeep design that many SUV lovers seek.
- The Jeep Renegade is easily accessible in different global markets.
- It is ideal for urban driving due to its compact size.
- The Renegade offers rugged capabilities and iconic Jeep design.
Drivetrain Options and Four-Wheel Drive
The Renegade offers different drive options to suit various needs:
- Front-wheel drive is the standard option.
- For those seeking off-road capability, there are optional four-wheel drive systems available.
- In the US market, the Renegade comes in several trims: Sport, Latitude, Limited, and Trailhawk.
- The Trailhawk trim is specifically designed for off-road adventures and comes with 4WD only. It provides enhanced traction and performance on various terrains.
Safety Ratings and Infotainment System
The Jeep Renegade has undergone rigorous testing and obtained favorable safety ratings from reputable institutions such as the IIHS, NHTSA, Euro NCAP, and Latin NCAP. These safety ratings assure buyers that the Renegade provides a secure and protected driving experience.
In terms of technology, the Renegade is equipped with the UConnect 5.0BT radio and has navigation system capabilities by Garmin. This allows drivers to easily navigate their way through unfamiliar territories and stay connected on the road.
- Rigorous testing and favorable safety ratings from IIHS, NHTSA, Euro NCAP, and Latin NCAP
- UConnect 5.0BT radio with navigation system capabilities by Garmin
Updates in the 2019, 2022, and 2023 Model Years
The 2019 model year brought about significant updates to the Renegade, including aesthetic improvements and an upgraded infotainment system. This ensured that customers could enjoy a more modern and enhanced driving experience.
In 2022, the Renegade introduced a standard U Connect 4C 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, providing even more convenience and connectivity options for drivers and passengers.
Looking ahead to the 2023 model year, a refresh was introduced specifically for the Brazilian market. Unfortunately, certain trims and drivetrain options were discontinued in the US market, signaling changes in the Renegade lineup.
Discontinuation in the US and Canadian Markets
After the 2023 model year, the Jeep Renegade was officially discontinued in both the US and Canadian markets. While it may come as a disappointment for some fans, Jeep continues to provide a wide range of SUV options to meet the demands of these regions’ consumers.
Conclusion: The Jeep Renegade as an SUV
The Jeep Renegade is undeniably an SUV, thanks to its subcompact crossover design and versatile capabilities. It combines practicality, off-road capabilities, and a stylish design that truly appeals to SUV enthusiasts. Despite being discontinued in the US and Canadian markets, the Renegade continues to be a highly sought-after vehicle in other regions. This highlights its success and appeal as a compact SUV option.
- Subcompact crossover design
- Versatile capabilities
- Practicality and off-road capabilities
- Stylish design
- Highly sought-after in other regions
“The Jeep Renegade showcases its appeal and success as a compact SUV option.”
Is the Jeep Renegade considered an SUV?
Yes, the Jeep Renegade is indeed classified as an SUV. It falls under the category of small SUVs due to its compact size and versatile capabilities. With its rugged design and off-road capabilities, the Renegade embodies the essence of a sport utility vehicle, making it a popular choice for drivers seeking a compact yet capable SUV option.
What style car is a Jeep Renegade?
The Jeep Renegade embodies a unique blend of ruggedness and compactness, making it categorized as a subcompact crossover SUV. With its distinct design and capabilities, the Renegade captures the essence of adventure and off-road exploration that is synonymous with the Jeep brand. Combining its compact size with Jeep’s signature styling cues, the Renegade showcases a versatile and aggressive aesthetic that appeals to those seeking a capable vehicle for both urban and outdoor escapades.
How much is a Renegade SUV?
The Renegade SUV comes with a starting price of $27,805, offering customers a versatile and affordable option. With its agile nature, the Renegade proves that it doesn’t need to remain confined to city streets. Whether it’s running errands throughout the week or exploring adventurous terrains on the weekends, this SUV can handle it all without breaking the bank.
Do Jeep Renegades hold their value?
Jeep Renegades generally hold their value well compared to other vehicles in their class. While depreciation is inevitable, the Jeep Renegade’s strong brand reputation and off-road capabilities contribute to its relatively lower depreciation rate. With proper maintenance and care, a Jeep Renegade can retain a higher resale value compared to many other vehicles in the same price range. However, it is important to note that depreciation varies depending on factors such as mileage, condition, and market demand, so individual experiences may differ.