Are you tired of your Jeep Compass constantly having battery issues, especially with the start-stop feature?
Well, you’re not alone.
In this article, we will delve into the frustrating world of Jeep Compass start-stop battery problems and explore a solution that could save you from the endless cycle of battery replacements.
Keep reading to discover the key to ending your battery woes once and for all.
jeep compass start stop battery
The Jeep Compass start-stop system utilizes two batteries, including a larger cranking battery and an auxiliary battery.
If the vehicle’s battery dies, it can result in various issues, including potential malfunctions in the car’s computers.
To address this problem, it is recommended to replace both batteries together.
If the battery is not completely dead, jump-starting the car is an option; however, it’s important to jumper the power control relay.
BatteryGuy offers a compatible 12 Volt 12 ah replacement Start-Stop Auxiliary battery for Jeep Compass models from 2018 to 2020.
The price for this battery is $64.60, with nationwide delivery and a next day delivery option available.
It is essential for customers to verify the quantity needed for their application before ordering.
Compatible chargers for this battery are also available.
- The Jeep Compass start-stop system uses two batteries, including a cranking battery and an auxiliary battery.
- A dead battery can cause various issues, including malfunctions in the car’s computers.
- To solve this problem, it is recommended to replace both batteries together.
- If the battery is not completely dead, jump-starting the car is possible, but the power control relay must be jumpered.
- BatteryGuy offers a compatible 12 Volt 12 ah replacement Start-Stop Auxiliary battery for Jeep Compass models from 2018 to 2020.
- The battery is priced at $64.60 with nationwide delivery and a next day delivery option available. Compatible chargers are also available.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The Jeep Compass was the first vehicle in its class to introduce the Start-Stop engine feature as a standard option. This technology automatically shuts off the engine when the vehicle comes to a complete stop, reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
2. The term “Jeep” derives from the abbreviation “GP,” which stood for “General Purpose” or “Government Purposes.” Originally developed for military use, the Jeep name has now become synonymous with off-road vehicles.
3. The first battery-powered Jeep Compass prototype was unveiled in 2012, demonstrating the brand’s early exploration of electric vehicle technology. However, it took several more years before electric models became widely available.
4. The Jeep Compass battery is typically located in the engine compartment, providing easy accessibility for maintenance and replacement. However, some variants may have the battery in the trunk area or under the passenger seat to optimize weight distribution.
5. In addition to its usual 12-volt battery, the Jeep Compass is equipped with a secondary 48-volt lithium-ion battery system. This system helps power various features, including electrically assisted steering, regenerative braking, and engine accessories, enhancing fuel efficiency and performance.
1. Jeep Compass Battery Issue: Alternator Suspected
The article focuses on a common problem faced by Jeep Compass Trailhawk owners – unexpected battery dying. The author suggests that this issue may be caused by a malfunctioning alternator. The alternator is responsible for charging the battery while the vehicle is running, and if it fails to do so, it can lead to quick battery draining. Jeep Compass owners should keep this in mind when dealing with battery issues.
- Highlighted the specific audience (“Jeep Compass Trailhawk owners”) at the beginning.
- Emphasized the main issue (“unexpected battery dying”) in bold.
- Clarified the cause (“malfunctioning alternator”).
- Explained the function of the alternator and its impact on the battery.
- Encouraged Jeep Compass owners to consider this information when dealing with battery problems.
- Jeep Compass Trailhawk owners
- Unexpected battery dying
- Malfunctioning alternator
- Battery draining quickly
2. Ess/Stop Start Feature Requires Two Batteries In Some Jeep Compass Models
Another crucial aspect of the Jeep Compass battery system is the implementation of the ESS (Engine Start/Stop) feature. Certain models of the Jeep Compass are equipped with this feature, which requires the use of two batteries. The primary battery, known as the cranking battery, is slightly smaller in size to make room for the auxiliary battery. The auxiliary battery is specifically utilized for supporting the ESS system to ensure that the engine restarts seamlessly during start-stop operations.
This information is significant for Jeep Compass owners who may not be aware of this specific battery configuration.
- The Jeep Compass battery system includes the ESS feature.
- Two batteries are used:
- Primary battery (cranking battery)
- Auxiliary battery
- The auxiliary battery supports the ESS system and ensures smooth engine restarts during start-stop operations.
Jeep Compass owners should note the importance of this specific battery configuration.
3. Size Difference Of Cranking Battery In Jeep Compass
The article discusses the size difference between the cranking battery and the auxiliary battery in the Jeep Compass. The cranking battery, responsible for providing power to start the vehicle, is slightly smaller than the auxiliary battery. This size difference is important to accommodate the auxiliary battery without compromising the available space in the Jeep Compass. It’s crucial to consider this detail when selecting a replacement battery to ensure a proper fit and functionality.
- Highlighted the terms “cranking battery” and “auxiliary battery” using markdown bold.
- Replaced “which” with “responsible for” to improve clarity.
- Mentioned the importance of proper fit and functionality in selecting a battery size.
- Added bullet points to present the information in a more structured manner:
- The cranking battery is primarily responsible for starting the vehicle.
- The cranking battery is slightly smaller than the auxiliary battery.
- The size difference allows for the accommodation of the auxiliary battery without compromising space in the Jeep Compass.
- It is crucial to select the appropriate battery size to ensure a proper fit and function.
4. Replacement Recommendation: Replace Both Batteries Together
To ensure optimal function and minimize potential complications, it is strongly recommended that Jeep Compass owners replace both the cranking and auxiliary batteries together. By doing so, the overall power system of the vehicle can operate at its best. This advice highlights the significance of viewing the battery system as a whole and not focusing solely on individual components when dealing with battery-related concerns in the Jeep Compass.
5. Malfunctioning Computers Due To Unsolved Battery Problem
The article emphasizes that failing to address the battery problem in a timely manner could lead to malfunctions of the vehicle’s computers. The computer systems in modern vehicles rely heavily on a steady power supply to function correctly. If the battery issues persist, it can cause disruptions in the vehicle’s electronic systems, leading to various computer malfunctions. This highlights the necessity of promptly resolving any battery-related concerns to ensure the smooth operation of the Jeep Compass.
6. Jump-Start And Power Control Relay Jumper
In situations where the battery is not completely dead but requires a jump-start, it is crucial to follow specific steps to prevent any damage to the vehicle’s electrical system. The article advises using jumper cables to connect the dead battery to a power source, while highlighting the importance of jumpering the power control relay. This precaution is necessary to ensure a safe and successful procedure for Jeep Compass owners in need of a jump-start.
7. Batteryguy’s Compatible Rechargeable Battery For Jeep Compass Start-Stop
The article introduces BatteryGuy as a reliable source for a compatible replacement battery for Jeep Compass models equipped with the start-stop function. BatteryGuy offers a 12 Volt 12 ah replacement start-stop auxiliary rechargeable battery specifically designed for the Jeep Compass. This battery is compatible with Jeep Compass models from 2018 to 2020, featuring the Sport engine L4 – 2.4L 2360cc 144ci GAS MFI vin B type ED6 – 4 valve SOHC. The convenience and accessibility of BatteryGuy’s products make it a viable option for Jeep Compass owners seeking a suitable replacement battery.
- BatteryGuy offers a 12 Volt 12 ah replacement start-stop auxiliary rechargeable battery for Jeep Compass models.
- The battery is specifically designed for Jeep Compass models from 2018 to 2020.
- Compatible with the Sport engine L4 – 2.4L 2360cc 144ci GAS MFI vin B type ED6 – 4 valve SOHC.
- BatteryGuy’s products provide convenience and accessibility to Jeep Compass owners.
8. Compatibility And Specifications Of Battery For Jeep Compass Models (2018-2020)
The article highlights the compatibility and specifications of the BatteryGuy replacement battery for Jeep Compass models from 2018 to 2020. It emphasizes that the battery meets or exceeds the specifications set by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). This information instills confidence in the reliability and performance of the BatteryGuy replacement battery as a suitable solution for Jeep Compass owners experiencing start-stop battery issues.
It is essential for customers to verify the quantity needed for their specific application before placing an order to ensure a seamless and compatible fit.
Overall, this article provides a comprehensive overview of the relevant information pertaining to the Jeep Compass start-stop battery. It discusses identifying potential alternator issues and emphasizes the importance of replacing both batteries together. The article offers valuable insights for Jeep Compass owners facing battery-related challenges. With guidance on jump-starting procedures and an introduction to BatteryGuy’s compatible replacement battery, it equips Jeep Compass owners with the knowledge to maximize their start-stop battery efficiency and keep their vehicles running smoothly.
How much is a start-stop battery for a Jeep?
Jeep Grand Cherokee Start-Stop Batteries for your vehicle can be purchased at a starting price of $56.39. Our selection includes a wide range of these batteries specifically designed for Grand Cherokee models, ensuring compatibility and optimal performance. With nationwide delivery options, you can get your desired start-stop battery conveniently and promptly.
What is Jeep Compass auxiliary battery for?
The Jeep Compass auxiliary battery serves a crucial purpose in powering various features when the engine is turned off. It is specifically responsible for providing the necessary energy to run functions like the start/stop system and other accessories. Without this auxiliary battery, these features would not operate, but the primary battery would still retain its ability to start the engine. By disconnecting the auxiliary battery, the vehicle would effectively deactivate these particular functionalities while maintaining the essential capability to start the engine.
Can my auxiliary battery drain my main battery?
Yes, it is possible for an auxiliary battery to drain the main battery if the system is not properly wired. Improper wiring can create a situation where the auxiliary battery draws power from the main battery, leading to a drain. It is important to ensure that the electrical connections and circuitry are correctly set up to avoid any unnecessary power loss and battery drain between the auxiliary and main batteries.
What can a bad auxiliary battery cause?
A malfunctioning auxiliary battery can lead to a range of inconveniences and limitations. Firstly, it can render essential electrical components inoperable, such as the lights, audio system, and start/stop feature. Without functioning lights, your visibility would be compromised during nighttime or adverse weather conditions, posing a potential safety risk. Secondly, the absence of an operational audio system can dampen the driving experience, especially for those who rely on music or podcasts for entertainment or relaxation while on the road. Lastly, if your vehicle has a start/stop feature, it may become non-functional, resulting in the loss of potential fuel savings and environmental benefits that this technology provides. Overall, a faulty auxiliary battery can disrupt various essential functionalities, affecting both safety and convenience while driving.