The Jeep Grand Cherokee is known for its powerful performance, rugged design, and off-road capabilities.
But did you know that the 2014 model introduced a new feature called Aero Mode?
This innovative addition, coupled with the Quadra-Lift air suspension system and Selec-Terrain modes, not only enhances the vehicle’s fuel economy but also provides a smoother and more efficient ride.
Whether you’re tackling challenging terrains or simply cruising down the freeway, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with the best-in-class features to ensure an unforgettable driving experience.
Explore more about the exciting world of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, from its advanced safety features to the state-of-the-art Uconnect touchscreen radio.
With various models to choose from, including the Laredo, Limited, Overland, and Summit, the Jeep Grand Cherokee caters to every individual’s preferences.
Plus, with a diesel-powered option available, it’s no wonder why this iconic SUV is a global favorite.
Join us on an adventure as we unravel the mysteries of the Jeep Grand Cherokee’s Aero Mode and discover what it truly means for your driving experience.
what does aero mean on jeep grand cherokee
Aero mode on the Jeep Grand Cherokee refers to a specific feature on the 2014 model.
It is a function of the Quadra-Lift air suspension system, which allows the driver to lower the vehicle for improved aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
The Aero mode is one of the Selec-Terrain modes that can optimally adjust the vehicle’s suspension and drivetrain settings.
This feature, along with other advanced technology and safety features, makes the Jeep Grand Cherokee a popular choice for off-roading enthusiasts and everyday drivers alike.
- Aero mode is a feature on the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is a part of the Quadra-Lift air suspension system.
- It allows the driver to lower the vehicle for better aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
- Aero mode is one of the Selec-Terrain modes that can adjust suspension and drivetrain settings.
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a popular choice for off-roading enthusiasts and everyday drivers due to its advanced technology and safety features.
- The Aero mode improves the vehicle’s aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
- The feature is part of the Quadra-Lift air suspension system.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The term “aero” in “Jeep Grand Cherokee Aero” refers to the aerodynamic enhancements made to the vehicle, helping to reduce drag and improve fuel efficiency.
2. The Jeep Grand Cherokee Aero model was introduced in 2015 as a limited edition variant, featuring unique exterior styling cues and performance upgrades.
3. In order to enhance aerodynamics, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Aero incorporates features such as a lowered ride height, specially-designed front and rear fascias, and a sleeker grille design.
4. The aerodynamic enhancements on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Aero model not only improve fuel efficiency but also contribute to a quieter and more stable ride at highway speeds.
5. Due to its aerodynamic improvements, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Aero has been praised by drivers and experts alike for its enhanced handling capabilities, particularly during high-speed maneuvers.
Introduction To Jeep Grand Cherokee’s Aero Mode
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a renowned SUV that offers exceptional performance and luxury. One of the key features that sets it apart from other vehicles in its segment is its ‘Aero Mode’. Aero Mode is an innovative technology that enhances the vehicle’s aerodynamics, resulting in improved fuel efficiency, a smoother ride, and reduced wind noise.
In Aero Mode, the Grand Cherokee adjusts its ride height to optimize airflow and reduce drag. This feature is particularly useful during highway driving, where aerodynamics play a crucial role in reducing fuel consumption. By lowering the vehicle’s ride height, Aero Mode ensures that the Grand Cherokee achieves better balance and stability, leading to enhanced overall performance.
New Features Of The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee introduced several new features that enhanced its appeal to off-road enthusiasts and luxury SUV consumers. In addition to the innovative Aero Mode, this model offered the Quadra-Lift air suspension system, Selec-Terrain modes, and advanced 4×4 systems.
Quadra-Lift Air Suspension System
The Quadra-Lift air suspension system is a game-changer in the SUV industry. It allows drivers to adjust the vehicle’s ride height to five different levels, ranging from Normal to Off-Road 2. This system provides superior ground clearance for traversing rough terrains while improving aerodynamics and fuel efficiency on paved roads.
Selec-Terrain Modes for Off-Road Performance
The Selec-Terrain system is an innovative feature that enhances the off-road capabilities of the Grand Cherokee. It offers several modes, including:
- Auto: This mode optimizes the vehicle’s traction control, transmission shifting, and throttle response for general off-road driving.
- Snow: Designed for driving in snowy conditions, this mode adjusts the vehicle’s settings to provide better traction and control on slippery surfaces.
- Sand/Mud: When facing sandy or muddy terrains, this mode optimizes the Grand Cherokee’s performance by fine-tuning its traction control and transmission to deliver maximum power and minimize wheel spin.
- Rock: This mode is specifically designed for crawling over rocky terrains. It enhances the vehicle’s traction control and adjusts throttle response for better control and maneuverability.
With the Selec-Terrain system, Grand Cherokee drivers can confidently navigate various off-road conditions, thanks to its specialized modes that optimize the vehicle’s performance accordingly.
- The Selec-Terrain system enhances the Grand Cherokee’s off-road capabilities
- Several modes are available, including Auto, Snow, Sand/Mud, and Rock
- Each mode optimizes traction control, transmission shifting, and throttle response
- Auto: General off-road driving
- Snow: Improved traction and control on snowy surfaces
- Sand/Mud: Enhanced performance on sandy or muddy terrains
- Rock: Designed for crawling over rocky terrains
“The Selec-Terrain system allows drivers to confidently tackle different off-road conditions with ease.”
Advanced 4×4 Systems for Enhanced Capability
The Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts three advanced 4×4 systems: Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II, and Quadra-Drive II. These systems offer exceptional traction, stability, and off-roading capabilities, providing drivers with the necessary confidence to conquer challenging terrains. Notable features include hill descent control, electronic limited-slip differentials, and the ability to distribute torque between wheels. With such impressive capabilities, the Grand Cherokee truly stands out as the ultimate off-road companion.
- Quadra-Trac I
- Quadra-Trac II
- Quadra-Drive II
Fuel Economy And Engine Options On The Grand Cherokee
Jeep acknowledges the significance of fuel efficiency while maintaining high performance. The 2014 Grand Cherokee truly understands its diverse customer base by offering three engine options.
The EcoDiesel engine, available on specific trim levels, strikes a perfect balance between power and fuel efficiency. Its remarkable torque and impressive fuel economy make it an excellent choice for those who prioritize both power and environmentally-friendly driving.
The Pentastar V-6 engine is widely recognized for its smooth and responsive performance. It offers a great combination of power and efficiency, ensuring an exciting driving experience. With ample horsepower and admirable fuel economy ratings, this engine delivers the best of both worlds.
For customers in need of extra power, the 5.7-liter V-8 engine is the ideal choice. This engine boasts exceptional towing capacity and impressive acceleration, catering to those who require extra strength and unparalleled performance.
Towing Capacity And Advanced Safety Features
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is known for its exceptional towing capabilities. Its strong construction and high-performance engines make it capable of towing heavy loads effortlessly. Depending on the chosen engine, the Grand Cherokee can tow up to an impressive 7,400 pounds, making it an ideal choice for towing trailers, boats, or campers.
Moreover, the Grand Cherokee is equipped with advanced safety features, providing drivers and passengers with the ultimate peace of mind. Some of these features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This feature helps maintain a safe following distance by adjusting the vehicle’s speed to match the traffic ahead.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring: It alerts the driver to any vehicles in their blind spot, reducing the risk of accidents while changing lanes.
- Rear Cross-Path Detection: This feature warns the driver of any cross-traffic when reversing, preventing potential collisions.
- Forward Collision Warning: It detects a potential collision and alerts the driver, allowing them to take appropriate action to mitigate the risk.
With these advanced safety measures, the Grand Cherokee ensures the well-being of its occupants without compromising on luxury and comfort.
- The Grand Cherokee’s robust build and powerful engines enable it to tow heavy loads effortlessly, with a maximum towing capacity of up to 7,400 pounds.
- Equipped with advanced safety features like adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-path detection, and forward collision warning, the Grand Cherokee prioritizes safety and provides peace of mind for both drivers and passengers.
Advanced Technology Features And Trim Levels Of The Grand Cherokee
The 2014 Grand Cherokee offers a wide range of advanced technology features that greatly enhance the driving experience. The Uconnect touchscreen radio serves as the hub for entertainment, navigation, and connectivity needs. It includes important features such as Bluetooth connectivity, voice command, and satellite radio, providing seamless integration with modern devices and technologies.
Moreover, the Grand Cherokee is available in different trim levels, including Laredo, Limited, Overland, and Summit. Each trim level offers a unique combination of luxury, performance, and advanced features, allowing customers to choose the model that best fits their specific preferences and requirements.
In conclusion, the ‘Aero’ mode on the Jeep Grand Cherokee symbolizes the implementation of innovative aerodynamic technologies that enhance the vehicle’s performance, fuel efficiency, and overall driving experience. With its advanced features, engine options, towing capabilities, and safety features, the Grand Cherokee continues to be a top choice for SUV enthusiasts worldwide. Combining luxury, capability, and best-in-class features, the Grand Cherokee stands out as an icon of automotive excellence and continues to captivate international markets with its exceptional offerings.
What does air suspension do in Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The air suspension system in the Jeep Grand Cherokee provides versatility and adaptability to different driving conditions. Depending on the chosen driving mode, the system can lower the vehicle for enhanced highway efficiency by reducing drag and improving aerodynamics. Conversely, the suspension can also be raised to facilitate better maneuverability when venturing off-road, allowing the vehicle to tackle uneven terrain with ease. Ultimately, the air suspension system in the Jeep Grand Cherokee ensures optimal performance in diverse driving environments.
What are the 4 wheel drive modes on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with the Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System, which offers four-wheel drive modes for various terrain conditions. The first mode is Auto, which automatically adjusts the traction based on the current driving conditions. This mode offers an optimal balance of power and control. The Snow mode is designed specifically for driving on snowy or icy roads, providing enhanced traction and stability. Sport mode is ideal for those seeking a more spirited driving experience, as it delivers increased throttle response and a dynamic driving performance. Lastly, the Sand/Mud mode is tailored for off-road adventures, optimizing the Jeep’s performance and traction on loose or slippery surfaces. With these versatile four-wheel drive modes, the Jeep Grand Cherokee ensures all-weather capability and a thrilling driving experience in different terrains.
Is Jeep Grand Cherokee air suspension reliable?
While the Jeep Grand Cherokee’s Quadralift air suspension system may initially provide a smooth and comfortable ride, owners have reported various issues as it begins to age. Over time, the suspension parts deteriorate, compromising both comfort and safety for the driver. Consequently, the reliability of the Jeep Grand Cherokee’s air suspension system may be questionable, requiring regular maintenance and potential repairs as the miles accumulate.
Which Grand Cherokees have air suspension?
The Quadra-Lift Air Suspension technology is a standout feature found in various 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee trims. This advanced system is offered as standard in the Trailhawk, Overland, High Altitude, and Summit models. With its ability to adapt to different terrains and enhance the overall driving experience, the air suspension truly embodies the Jeep spirit of exploration and adventure.