Looking to hit the road with the wind in your hair?
If you’ve ever wondered which Jeep Wrangler is convertible, look no further!
In this article, we’ll dive into the world of Jeep Wrangler tops, exploring the differences between soft and hard tops and uncovering the secrets to keeping them clean and pristine.
But before we do that, let’s take a moment to appreciate the timeless style and rugged appeal of the iconic Jeep Wrangler.
Buckle up, adventure awaits!
which jeep wrangler is convertible
The Jeep Wrangler that is convertible is the one with a soft top.
Unlike the hard top version, the soft top needs to be hand-washed to prevent scratching the windows.
Brush type automatic car washes can cause damage, and touchless automatic car washes may cause leakage for soft tops.
To properly clean a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top, start by washing the roof and then clean the soft windows using a soft horse hair brush and a clean, soft cloth.
Use specific vinyl or fabric cleaners and rinse off all soap completely to avoid water spots on the windows.
- Only the Jeep Wrangler with a soft top is convertible
- Soft tops need to be hand-washed to avoid scratching windows
- Automatic car washes can cause damage to soft tops
- Washing process for Jeep Wrangler with soft top: start with roof, clean windows with soft horse hair brush and cloth
- Use specific vinyl or fabric cleaners for soft tops
- Rinse off all soap completely to avoid water spots on windows
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The Jeep Wrangler TJ, produced from 1997 to 2006, marked the return of the fully convertible design after a two-decade hiatus. This model reintroduced the concept of removable doors and a fold-down windshield, allowing drivers to fully embrace the open-air experience.
2. The JK series of Jeep Wranglers, introduced in 2006, offered a power-retractable hardtop option known as the Freedom Top. With a touch of a button, the top panels transformed from solid to transparent, providing the convenience of a hardtop while still allowing natural light inside the vehicle.
3. In 2018, the Jeep Wrangler JL debuted with an available Sky One-Touch Power Top. This innovative feature allowed owners to retract the full-length canvas roof effortlessly, granting quick access to the open sky above without the need for tedious manual operations.
4. The Jeep Wrangler YJ, manufactured from 1986 to 1995, featured a somewhat unique convertible design, with fixed side window frames and a detachable rear window. This configuration allowed for partial open-air driving while maintaining some resemblance to a traditional hardtop.
5. One of the lesser-known convertible options for the Jeep Wrangler is the aftermarket custom modification known as the “half-cab conversion.” This alteration involves removing the rear seats and enclosing the rear of the vehicle with a small pickup truck-like cargo bed, transforming the Wrangler into a compact truck with an open cabin for the front passengers.
Differences In Cleaning Between Hard Top And Soft Top Jeeps
When it comes to cleaning your Jeep Wrangler, whether it has a hard top or a soft top, it’s important to consider the differences in maintenance. Both types of tops have their advantages and disadvantages, especially when it comes to keeping them clean and well-maintained.
Hard Tops And Automatic Car Washes: No Issues
If you own a Jeep Wrangler with a hard top, you can safely drive through an automatic car wash. The hard top is sturdy and robust, providing resistance against the brushes and water pressure typically used in such car washes. This means you can enjoy the convenience of automatic car washes while keeping your Jeep clean and shiny throughout the year.
Soft Tops Require Hand-Washing To Prevent Window Scratching
If you own a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top, it is important to take extra precautions when washing your vehicle. Soft tops are more delicate and can be easily scratched if not handled properly. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Hand-wash your soft top: Avoid using automatic car washes as they can subject the delicate material of the soft top windows to high pressure, which may result in damage. Instead, opt for hand-washing to ensure a gentle and careful cleaning process.
- Be mindful of the windows: When washing your Jeep Wrangler with a soft top, be cautious not to brush against the windows too roughly. The material is vulnerable to scratching, so gentle handling is crucial.
- Consider using specialized cleaning products: To further protect the soft top windows, use cleaning products that are specifically designed for this purpose. These products are usually gentle on the material and help maintain its quality.
Remember, taking proper care of your Jeep Wrangler’s soft top during car washes will help prevent damage and keep it looking great for years to come.
Note: Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning and maintenance instructions.
“Soft tops require hand-washing to avoid scratching the windows.”
Beware Of Brush Automatic Car Washes For Soft Tops
Brush type automatic car washes, commonly seen at gas stations and car wash facilities, can pose a significant threat to your Jeep Wrangler’s soft top windows. The brushes are designed to remove dirt and grime, but they can accidentally scratch or damage the soft windows. To avoid any costly repairs or replacements, it is recommended to steer clear of brush automatic car washes when you have a soft top Jeep Wrangler.
Touchless Automatic Car Washes And Potential Leakage For Soft Tops
While touchless automatic car washes may seem like a safer option for soft tops, it is important to consider some concerns associated with them. The high-pressure water jets used in touchless car washes can potentially cause leakage or water ingress in certain soft tops. Therefore, it is crucial to inspect the condition of your soft top and its seals before choosing a touchless wash. If you observe any signs of wear or tear, it is advisable to avoid touchless car washes to prevent possible damage or leaks.
- Check your soft top’s condition and seals before opting for a touchless wash
- Avoid touchless car washes if you notice any signs of wear or tear
It’s important to be cautious when using touchless car washes on soft tops.
Step-By-Step Guide To Cleaning A Jeep Soft Top
Cleaning a Jeep soft top requires a slightly different approach compared to cleaning a hard top. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you keep your soft top in optimal condition:
Start by washing the roof of your Jeep Wrangler using a gentle, non-abrasive soap and water. Be careful not to put too much pressure on the soft top material.
Once the roof is clean, move on to the soft windows. Use a clean, soft cloth or sponge to gently wipe away any dirt or grime. Avoid using excessive force, as it may scratch the windows.
Rinse off all the soap completely to avoid leaving any residue behind.
To prevent water spots, use a soft and dry cloth to gently wipe the windows dry. Ensure that the cloth is clean to avoid transferring any dirt or particles onto the windows.
Tips For Preventing Scratches When Cleaning A Soft Top
Preventing scratches when cleaning a soft top is essential to maintain its aesthetics and prolong its lifespan. Here are some useful tips:
- Be mindful of the materials you use when cleaning the soft top. Avoid rough brushes or abrasive cleaning tools that could scratch the windows.
- Before using any cleaning tool, make sure it is clean and free from any dirt or debris that could cause scratches.
- When wiping dirt off vinyl windows, use a soft, wet cloth instead of dry wiping. This will help minimize the risk of scratches.
Handle the soft top with care to prevent accidental damage. Avoid sharp objects or abrasive substances that could cause tears or scratches.
Avoid rough brushes or abrasive cleaning tools
- Clean the cleaning tools before use
- Use a soft, wet cloth to wipe vinyl windows
- Handle the soft top with care
“Handling the soft top with care is crucial in preventing accidental damage.”
I hope these tips help you in maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of your soft top.
Recommendations For Specific Cleaners For Soft Tops
To ensure the best care for your soft top, it is highly recommended to use specific vinyl or fabric cleaners designed for soft tops. These cleaners are formulated to remove dirt and stains effectively without causing any harm to the material. Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer when using these cleaners to achieve optimal results.
Maintaining a clean Jeep Wrangler, whether it has a hard top or a soft top, is crucial for preserving its appearance and durability. While hard tops can withstand the rigors of automatic car washes, soft tops require extra caution and hand-washing to prevent damage to the windows. By following the step-by-step guide and utilizing the proper cleaners, you can ensure your Jeep Wrangler remains an iconic and convertible vehicle ready for open-top adventures.
Are all Jeep Wranglers convertible?
Yes, all Jeep Wranglers are convertible, making them stand out from other vehicles. What sets them apart is their ability to provide an open-air driving experience with removable soft tops or hard tops. This feature allows Jeep enthusiasts to enjoy the thrill of the wind blowing through their hair while exploring off-road terrains or cruising on the highway. Whether it’s a sunny day or a starry night, the convertible aspect of a Jeep Wrangler adds an extra layer of excitement to the driving experience.
Which Wranglers have one touch roof?
The Jeep Wrangler Sky One-Touch Power Top can be found on the Rubicon or Sahara trim of the four-door Unlimited models of the Wrangler. This innovative feature allows for convenient, one-touch opening and closing of the roof, providing an unparalleled open-air driving experience. Whether you opt for the Rubicon’s off-road capabilities or the Sahara’s refined style, both trims offer the convenience and freedom of the one-touch roof, adding an extra level of excitement to your Wrangler adventures.
Which Jeep models have removable top?
All Jeep Wrangler models offer the exciting option of a removable top, allowing drivers to fully embrace the open-air experience. Whether you prefer the freedom of a soft-top or the durability of a hard-top, both options are available for Jeep Wranglers, Gladiators, and the Wrangler Unlimited. So, whether you’re looking to soak up the sun or feel the wind in your hair, these Jeep models have got you covered with their versatile removable tops.
Do Jeep Wranglers have soft tops?
Yes, Jeep Wranglers do offer soft tops as one of the available options for open-air driving. Alongside the hardtop and the innovative Sky One-Touch Power Top, the Wrangler caters to those who prefer the versatility and freedom of a soft top. With the ability to remove or install the soft top easily, Jeep Wranglers allow drivers to adapt their driving experience to different weather conditions or simply enjoy the open-air sensation. Whether it’s with a hardtop, soft top, or no top at all, the all-new Jeep Wrangler ensures a seamless and enjoyable open-air driving experience.