Picture yourself cruising down a scenic highway, the wind tousling your hair and the sun warming your skin.
Now imagine experiencing this freedom with the top down on a Jeep Wrangler, but not just any top – a canvas top that adds an extra level of rugged elegance.
In this article, we’ll explore the world of Jeep Wrangler canvas tops, from the various options available to the cost and benefits of this upgrade.
Get ready to elevate your driving experience to a whole new level of adventure.
jeep wrangler canvas top
A Jeep Wrangler canvas top refers to a soft top that can be added to a Jeep Wrangler to enhance the driving experience and provide an open-air feel.
The cost of a Jeep Wrangler soft top can range from $450 to $1,000, depending on the chosen model and type.
Soft tops are available for Jeep models such as the Renegade, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee.
4-door Jeep Wranglers come with hardtops as standard, so soft tops need to be added separately.
Popular manufacturers of soft tops for Jeeps include Bestop, Pavement Ends, Tuffy Security Products, and Smittybilt.
Soft tops come in different formats, sizes, colors, and materials, with options for plastic windows, hard windows, or other enhancements.
They are easier to remove and more compact compared to hardtops.
Extreme Terrain offers a variety of soft tops for different Jeep Wrangler models, allowing customers to choose materials like vinyl, denim, sailcloth, or twill.
Aftermarket soft tops also offer customization options, weather coverage choices, and easy installation/removal.
Different styles of soft tops, such as bikini tops and full-coverage options, cater to various needs and weather conditions.
Switching to a new soft top can quickly change the appearance of a Jeep Wrangler and achieve a personalized look with various colors and styles.
- Jeep Wrangler canvas tops are soft tops that can be added to enhance the driving experience and provide an open-air feel.
- The cost of a Jeep Wrangler soft top can range from $450 to $1,000, depending on the model and type chosen.
- Soft tops are available for various Jeep models, including the Renegade, Wrangler, and Grand Cherokee.
- 4-door Jeep Wranglers come with standard hardtops, so soft tops need to be purchased separately.
- Popular manufacturers of soft tops for Jeeps include Bestop, Pavement Ends, Tuffy Security Products, and Smittybilt.
- Soft tops come in different formats, sizes, colors, and materials, with options for plastic windows, hard windows, or other enhancements.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. The iconic Jeep Wrangler canvas top is actually made of a durable material called “Sailcloth.” This fabric was originally used for sails on boats, making it highly resistant to harsh weather conditions.
2. The Jeep Wrangler canvas tops are not only functional but also environmentally friendly. Many Wrangler tops are now made from recycled plastic bottles, reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
3. Did you know that the Jeep Wrangler canvas top has a military background? The original Jeep vehicles, which eventually led to the creation of the Wrangler, were used extensively in World War II. The canvas top provided the soldiers with protection from the elements during combat.
4. The canvas tops of Jeep Wranglers are designed to be easily convertible. This means that they can be removed or retracted to give passengers an open-air driving experience. Jeep even offers different styles of tops, including fully-enclosed ones and those with sunroofs.
5. The canvas top of the Jeep Wrangler not only serves as a protective cover but also adds an element of style. Many Jeep owners customize their canvas tops by adding unique designs, patterns, or features like windows or zippers. This allows for a personalized touch to the iconic Wrangler vehicle.
1. Cost Of Jeep Wrangler Soft Top
When it comes to adding a soft top to your Jeep Wrangler, one of the first considerations is the cost. The price of a Jeep Wrangler soft top can vary depending on the chosen model and type. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $450 to $1,000 for a soft top. This range allows you to find a suitable option that fits your budget and preferences.
- The cost of a Jeep Wrangler soft top varies based on the model and type.
- A soft top for a Jeep Wrangler typically ranges from $450 to $1,000.
“Finding a suitable option that fits your budget and preferences is possible within this price range.”
2. Soft Tops Available For Jeep Models
Soft tops are not limited to just the Jeep Wrangler model; they are also available for other Jeep models such as the Renegade and Grand Cherokee. However, for 4-door Jeep Wranglers, it’s important to note that they typically come with hardtops as standard, and if you desire a soft top, it will need to be added separately. This gives you the flexibility to choose the type of roof that best suits your needs and style.
- Soft tops are available for Jeep Wrangler, Renegade, and Grand Cherokee models.
- 4-door Jeep Wranglers usually come with hardtops as standard.
- If you want a soft top for a 4-door Jeep Wrangler, it needs to be added separately.
“Choosing the right roof type for your Jeep gives you the freedom to personalize your vehicle and match it to your preferences.”
3. Adding Soft Tops To 4-Door Jeep Wranglers
Adding a soft top to a 4-door Jeep Wrangler can truly transform your driving experience. It allows you to fully embrace the open-air feel that Jeeps are famous for, particularly during the warm summer months. The soft top provides the opportunity to enjoy the wind in your hair and soak in the beautiful surroundings as you cruise along. Unlike a hardtop, a soft top offers a unique driving experience filled with sights and sounds of nature.
To summarize the benefits of adding a soft top to a 4-door Jeep Wrangler:
- Open-air driving: Experience the exhilarating feeling of the wind in your hair.
- Cool outdoor feel: Enjoy the refreshing breeze and connect with nature while on the road.
In the words of Jeep enthusiasts, a soft top truly enhances the driving experience, making it more adventurous and enjoyable. So, if you’re looking to take your Jeep Wrangler to the next level, consider adding a soft top to maximize your open-air driving pleasure.
4. Popular Manufacturers Of Jeep Soft Tops
When it comes to buying a soft top for your Jeep, Bestop stands out as one of the most popular and reputable manufacturers. Known for their high-quality soft tops, they offer a wide range of options for Jeep Wranglers. These include traditional (two-piece design) and modular (three-piece design) soft tops.
In addition to Bestop, there are other notable manufacturers worth considering. Pavement Ends, Tuffy Security Products, and Smittybilt also offer their own unique styles and features. These brands provide alternative choices for Jeep owners looking for different options in terms of design and functionality.
5. Traditional Vs. Modular Soft Tops
The choice between a traditional soft top and a modular soft top is a significant decision to make.
Traditional soft tops are typically made up of two pieces and are designed for easy installation and removal.
In contrast, modular soft tops are composed of three pieces, giving you the option to remove the front section independently. This provides greater versatility and allows you to enjoy either a partially open or fully open experience.
When making this decision, consider your preferences and the level of convenience you desire.
6. Different Formats And Materials Of Soft Tops
Soft tops for Jeeps are available in different formats, sizes, colors, and materials, giving you plenty of options to customize your vehicle. Commonly used materials for soft tops include vinyl, denim, sailcloth, and twill.
Each material has its own advantages like durability, weather resistance, and aesthetic appeal. When selecting a material for your soft top, consider your individual requirements and personal preferences.
7. Advantages Of Soft Tops Over Hardtops
There are several advantages to opting for a soft top over a hardtop for your Jeep Wrangler:
- Soft tops are easier to remove and more compact, allowing for an open-air experience at a moment’s notice.
- They are often more affordable compared to hardtops.
- Soft tops offer customization options, such as different window materials and enhancements.
These advantages make soft tops a popular choice among Jeep enthusiasts.
8. Customization Options And Easy Installation Of Aftermarket Soft Tops
If you’re looking for even more customization options and a hassle-free installation process, aftermarket soft tops are a great solution. Companies like Extreme Terrain offer a wide variety of soft tops for different Jeep Wrangler models. They allow customers to choose from various materials, including vinyl, denim, sailcloth, or twill, providing an opportunity to achieve a personalized look.
Aftermarket soft tops also offer weather coverage choices, ensuring your Jeep is protected from the elements. The easy installation/removal process makes it convenient for Jeep owners to switch between different soft tops and change the appearance of their vehicle whenever desired.
Adding a soft top to your Jeep Wrangler can greatly enhance your driving experience, providing a cool outdoor feel and the ability to enjoy the open air.
With a wide range of options available, from different materials and formats to various customization choices, there is a soft top that will suit your preferences and style. Whether you choose a traditional or modular soft top, opting for a soft top over a hardtop offers numerous advantages and allows you to truly make your Jeep your own.
- Customization options available
- Hassle-free installation process
- Various materials to choose from (vinyl, denim, sailcloth, twill)
- Weather coverage choices
- Easy installation/removal process
- Ability to switch between different soft tops for a change in appearance
Is Jeep hard top worth it?
The decision of whether a Jeep hardtop is worth it ultimately depends on your preferences and needs. While hardtops offer increased durability and superior insulation, they come with the drawback of being more challenging to remove. If you prioritize longevity and protection against harsh weather conditions, the added difficulty of removing the hardtop may be a minor inconvenience compared to the benefits it offers. On the other hand, if you prefer the flexibility of easily converting your Jeep into an open-air vehicle during warmer seasons and are willing to compromise on insulation and durability, a soft top might be a more suitable option for you. Assessing your priorities and considering the specific climate and usage patterns will help you determine if the Jeep hardtop is worth the investment.
Which top should I get on my Jeep Wrangler?
The hard top for your Jeep Wrangler would be the ideal choice if you plan on using your Jeep throughout the year without the need for regularly changing tops. It provides the convenience of an all-season option, ensuring your Jeep remains capable and functional in any weather conditions. With the hard top, you can enjoy the benefits of a durable and reliable top without the hassle of seasonal adjustments, making it the perfect choice for year-round use.
Can you convert hard top Jeep to soft top?
Yes, it is possible to convert a hardtop Jeep into a soft top. The beauty of Jeeps lies in their versatility, allowing owners to easily switch between a hardtop and a soft top depending on their preferences and weather conditions. By following a straightforward process, Jeep owners can remove the hardtop and replace it with a soft top, enabling them to enjoy the open-air experience during warm and sunny days. This adaptability makes Jeeps the perfect choice for those who want the freedom to tackle any weather conditions with ease and style.
How much does it cost to put a hard top on a Jeep?
The cost of installing a hard top on a Jeep can vary depending on factors such as the specific type of hard top, the Jeep’s make and model, as well as the chosen installer. Typically, the price range for this service falls between $2000 and $4000. However, it is crucial to consult with a professional and obtain a specific quote tailored to your unique requirements before making a final decision.